Thursday, November 18, 2010

Published!

Am I dreaming?  

I've worked at being published for the last six years, writing and writing.  I thought perhaps it would happen in the next 5 years, or even after.  I thought I would collect hundreds of rejection letters before this...

Midwest Literary Magazine just published my short story, Morning Glory!! 

You might remember reading it earlier on this blog as Blossom Archer, where I was looking for feedback on how to put finishing touches on it.  Well, they took it without much editing, and I am in shock.  It's available in MLM's November online collection, as well as their November print magazine, and in a new collection titled Bearing North:

 

When I got the email, I just sat there staring at the screen for many minutes, and then I ran around shouting and dancing.

Life Goal #1 complete!

I'm looking at it as the start to writing salable fiction.  I think I'm lucky they took it, and that I can now set my sights on trying to write more and better.

It's a huge relief though, to have confirmation that I'm doing the right thing at least some of the time.

What's possibly even crazier:  This blog was the safe testing-ground for that story.  I would never have written it if I didn't feel like I had a good outlet for my work.  This blog has sparked a lot of good ideas for me, and now it's making my dreams come true.  It just takes some time, hard work, patience, finding the right outlets, and heaps of luck.

Onward!

Friday Update: Fitting new song for Fat Friday on Everything Else - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment