Saturday, November 13, 2010

A (mine)crafty post.

Wednesday Update
I've got a new post up on Everything Else, and I will be posting some good news soon! 
...................................................................................................................................


One of my life goals is to build a castle with my own hands.

Like this
I have books on Masonry, stone building architecture, and even one on the type of castle I want to build; a Scottish L-Plan Castle.  It's basically just a big house made of stone that you call a castle.  It is feasible if you have a little bit of land and access to field-stones.  It takes a few years of hard work.

I've had the whole thing planned out for a while in my mind.

ENTER MINECRAFT


If you don't know what Minecraft is, there are many, many blog and internet articles about it.  Here is an article that covers most things and links to everything else.  Basically you can use stone and dirt blocks of many types to construct...ANYTHING.  It's totally up to you.  Like being a kid with infinite blocks that stack just right and won't fall over.  Oh Yeah!


I can design and redesign my dreeeeeam-castle until it is exactly the way I want it to look:


Neat! Inspiring! Time Consuming! Why am I so hungry and tired?! What happened to the last four days??!?!

It is cool, but dangerous.


I've spent the last week playing Minecraft while Listening to Spunkshine and/or Your Uncle's Lap.

What is Your Uncle's Lap? Why, it's an awkward yet safe place to be.  It's three guys in Austin, TX, who record the best show in the land!
They are professional yet unpretentious, funny without trying, and always relevant in some way.  It's smart and dirty humor for us internet folk.  If you're feeling down or a little short on laughs, just fire up their show, sit back, play some minecraft (or whatever else you do with your time) and soak up the entertainment.  Guys can relate to their humor better, of course, but girls like it too, because it allows them a peek inside the mind of a twenty-something guy.  (Oh btw this podcast is not suggested for children or the faint of heart).

I suggest starting with Episode 1 or 42...or any of them really.

I can't say enough good things about this podcast, and I've got a feeling they're rising stars of internet comedy (as long as they keep making the podcasts!) 

They even have their own YUL Minecraft land!


This post was all over the place, I know.  It's just me saying "sorry, no writing at the moment."  I've been keeping up writing, but due to these distractions I have nothing coherent enough to post yet.  Soon though - I'm working on super-short fiction so that people don't get depressed just looking at the length of my posts.  Postcard and Flash fiction.  Oh nuts this was a long post too! 

Double Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment