Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gravitate


Thanks for all the comments on my last story!  I'm still considering whether or not that one is strong enough to submit.  I'll update if I decide to.

Here is a brand new poem I wrote this week.  I've been thinking about unifying theories of physics a lot lately.  This poem wrote itself very quickly because of that, I think.  I've already submitted this one and one I will share later this week.  Enjoy!

Oh, and there was no Monday Madness because I had nothing to recommend.  I went through about 10 webcomics looking for inspiration, but came up empty-handed.

 
Gravitate

What is down among the dark?
Where well-walls dank with condensation stop,
at water black but blue but not.

Unseen fathoms reach down below,
where eyes and noses cannot go.

You and I stop miles before
the weight of everything atop itself.

Slabs and boulders pushing down,
to crowd an exit never found.

Where a point of constant yearning,
fixed but churning, burns and aches.

POST REMAINDER REMOVED, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU WOULD LIKE AN ELECTRONIC COPY OF THIS STORY.  THANKS! -A




No comments:

Post a Comment