Sunday, September 26, 2010

A slight change of direction.

 
After my first few posts, a couple things are clear:

1.  I underestimated how addictive blogging is.

2.  Everyone who has visited my runt of a beginner's attempt at blogging has made me appreciate the human race more than before.

This with only a week's experience, and with a blog smaller than most.  It has been eye-opening to say the least!  I've learned so much from blogs that I get to from my comments - from new cars and music, to beautiful photography and backgrounds, to enlightening science articles and dreams.  I am humbled by the internet, and by the sheer coolness of those who have visited me so far.

So while the paint is still wet in my shoebox-sized blog cabin, I want to shift things to bring content that more people will enjoy more often.

Because hey, no one - not even me - wants to read what I churn out all the time.

From now on I will be sharing links to web publication of fiction and poetry, an excerpt from said link, and a small review from me.  I'll still put out my own stuff, every other post or so.  Also, these links will not have linkbucks or any other advertising between you and the content.


Offering #1


Excerpt (click the poem title for the full length poem):

My biggest fear:
walking into a silent black room
flipping a switch & finding
someone staring back at me

Langston Kerman is clearly a gifted poet.  With this short poem he opens up your subconscious, calls up your childhood, and flashes chilling sense-memories through your mind with ease.  He then pushes all of that into the present and future.  With a kind of nostalgic sadness that many writers would fumble, he gets it all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment